In its drive to mechanise agriculture, the Livestock Development Corporation (SODEPA) entered into a partnership with the Centre National d’Etudes et d’Expérimentation du Machinisme Agricole (CENEEMA), evidenced by a memorandum of understanding which was signed on Wednesday 20 October 2021 in Nkolbisson.
In front of an audience of collaborators from SODEPA and CENEEMA, the two General Managers exchanged pleasantries before signing copies of the MoU. The exchange of the said documents sealed this three-year partnership.
The focus of this new agreement is on:
- Development of agro-pastoral areas and ranches;
- Training of staff on agricultural machinery;
- Maintenance of SODEPA’s agricultural machines;
- Support for private breeders.
This joint effort will be based on shared commitments, including:
- The development of a joint action plan;
- The preparation of technical (reproducible) documentation necessary for the development of the partnership;
- The pooling of human, material and financial resources if necessary for the implementation of the partnership’s activities;
- Monitoring and evaluation.
This special day continued with a visit to the equipment fleets, the agricultural equipment training room, a demonstration with some of the machines, and finally a group photograph.
Echange de parapheurs entre la DG du CENEEMA ( à gauche) et le DG de la SODEPA (à droite)